Sunday, May 19, 2013

oh how time flies

When I first thought of the idea of doing a thirty before thirty I honestly thought it would be a piece of cake. I mean come on...its only thirty things. right?

Now I'm about to be thirty two and I have done a lot of things and almost none of them are on my list...

Does that mean I haven't accomplished anything or that I'm just really unfocused? I don't know the answer to that but this once I'm going to let myself off the hook and look at the awesome things I have done.

#26 I didn't make it to New York but I made it to Paris. I saw Paris at night. Dream come true. It was just as breathtaking as I thought it would be.

#7 I ran my first 5k yesterday. today Im so sore but I smiled the whole way through it.

#10 I know how to cook and feed my kids the food they love. My vinaigrette is a family favorite. I'm not a chef but I'm ok with that.

#25 I had a dinner party with a 4 course meal. Sit down dinner. with 14 people!! And...it was freaking delicious. roasted butternut squash with a dollop of sour cream and chives, salad with apples walnuts and blue cheese dressing, BBQ chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts with a balsamic vinegar sauce, and creme brulee.

#1 I had my first paying client this year for photography. $250. and she loved the pictures. I have business cards and matching thank you cards. I have a blog and photo website.

#4 I went out surfing with my brother and Jared. I thought I was going to to drown haha but I did it. I learned that paddle boarding is more my thing.


As I look through this list nearly 3 years after I made it a lot of the things that I thought were important goals are still important but don't weigh so heavily on me. I think some of that is just me excepting certain things about myself and learning that its ok not to be perfect. (ie the thirty pounds, budget perfection ect.) I think its imperative to strive to improve yourself but imperative to love yourself.

I think I'm going to keep this blog going. hopefully updating every few months with new things that come up. Maybe my 100 before 100 haha.

Here's to life and living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment